Day 40-

Inspiration-

It is so important to have a hobby and to be inspired by something, something that encourages you to be creative. Some of us have one thing that we like to do like painting or putting together a puzzle, but for me it's a little bit of everything. I tend to get bored easily and I like to switch from project to project. 

                             


May Nest and Hawthorn Print. Illustration by Edith Holden. image 0

I am very interested in history. I like to discover new buildings, forests and objects and places. These are the things that inspire other things in me, like painting, writing and gardening.  I buy and collect things that inspire me to do other things, if that makes sense. I have many old books with beautiful illustrations from times past that motivate me to write. I have flowers in my garden that inspire me to paint. There are many things that have inspired me, to be a better me, to be creative and to enjoy life no matter what it throws at me...

                                                     


                                           

My Grandmother and my Mother both taught me how important it is to be creative. My Grandmother was a quilt and hat maker and she was always working on a project. My Mother loved to bake, crochet, knit and sew. Neither were ever idle.

Great writers, I don’t care what the subject matter is. Great writing makes me want to write and makes me want to be a better writer. Writing isn’t just a gift or something people are good at, it’s hard work and I am inspired by great writers who continue to work hard at their craft.

Perseverance, Life ain’t easy. It can knock us down and drive us backwards, Take from us and give. But when people decide that they won’t let that stop them, they pick themselves back up and move forward towards their dreams and goals, that inspires me.

People Who Smile At Strangers,  I don’t really know how to explain this but..... I know nobody is in the mood to smile all the time. But people who have smiles available when they pass strangers on the sidewalk are awesome. It brightens my day!

Police, Fire, EMS,  if you put your life on the line on a daily basis to help protect and save lives you are a story of inspiration. I know this first hand, they saved my life. And I thank you for everything that you do, everyday.

Dreams, I’m talking about the kind of dreams that people work towards in their life. Travel and careers and homes and creating things – seeing people go after their dreams is inspiring.

                                                     


What inspires you? Forty days ago I would have never thought I would have a blog, but now I do. Thank you to all who stop to read it. It is much appreciated. Don't let anything stop you from your dreams and being creative. Drive forward and achieve!

Until Tomorrow-Be Safe

"Can’t kills creativity!" ~Camille Paglia




















Comments

Popular posts from this blog