Day2-

Today's Lunch was very interesting. Using leftover Broccoli from dinner last night I made a Broccoli and Egg scramble, Broccoli, Eggs and butter. It was pretty good but I am still craving the carbs that I have known and loved my whole life. Every morning my breakfast consisted of a cup of decaf  coffee 2 creams, 2 sugars, 2 slices of toast with peanut butter (lots of peanut butter). Yum! I do miss it but now I have opted to skip breakfast, no coffee, no toast with Peanut Butter and wait for lunch after I have fasted for at least 16-18 hours. Then I do a 2 egg and veggie lunch then a Keto friendly dinner and no food after 8pm. Tonight's dinner is a steak with roasted carrots and broccoli and beets. I've so got this!!!! I have been drinking a lot more water though I am not drinking what I should be yet (it's only day 2) but I will get there.

I have got to do this. My health depends on my diet and my diet has to change for good. I have gained more than 125lbs in the 11 years since my heart surgery. I had Spontaneous Coronary Artery Dissection in 2008 and almost died. To make a long story short, I had to have emergency surgery to replaced the artery which had torn. I never saw it coming. It started on a normal day October 2008 I had just showered and was waiting for my best friend to come and pick me up to go shopping for the day. The kids were teenagers it was 2:30 in the afternoon and they had both just come home from school. I went to the kitchen to take an advil for a headache and could not swallow it. Then it began....dizziness, dull chest pain...that came out of no where. I walked to the living room and laid down on the couch, I didn't feel right. I asked my oldest to call his father at work, he was only a block away from home. It was getting worse and more intense, I then asked him to call 911. The rest of that day is a blur, I woke up in recovery/ICU. My life had changed forever......

Is a changed life a happy life?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog