Day 26-


Finding what is important in life. a reflection- 

                                       2020 Vision: The Law of Reflection | Amani Spas

I often sit and reflect on the things that have become important to me as I get older. My husband, my children and my ability to choose what makes me content are what bring me the most happiness. I used to beat myself up when I was younger and the kids were both still at home. I wondered whether I did and said the right things and whether I spent enough time with them and if I loved them enough. We had some issues when the children were younger and nothing I did seemed to make a difference and it has always weighed on me. I wondered if they would grow up to be as happy as I had wished they would be? I felt defeated sometimes and alone. 

I know now, later in life now just how good of a parent I have been. They are both smart and loving towards others, successful, happy and healthy. Why do we spend so much of our time listening to what others say and why do we seek their approval? Does it matter? As parents we know our children, they are the little reflections of ourselves, they share our values and our traits and our longing to love. Why do we question what they may become? As parents, if you hit a rough spot no matter what it is, don't let others make you feel less than a great Mother or Father. Look for those who will support you no matter what the situation is. Look for those that support your children, after all it takes a village, right? I wish that I had realized that sooner.

We are here for what seems like a very short time, we make mistakes, we change, we move on, we forgive and we do what we have to do to find happiness in our world. Be peaceful, be filled with love and promise and love those who share your worth. You will be a better person and so will those around you.


My everyday reminder of love.

                               
Until Tomorrow-Be Safe

“Love -- not dim and blind but so far-seeing that it can glimpse around corners, around bends and twists and illusion; instead of overlooking faults love sees through them to the secret inside.”
― Vera Nazarian


Comments

Popular posts from this blog