Day 23- My Hygge

There are so many things to love about life, so much to explore and so many places to hunt for hidden treasures. Those treasures mean different things to so many people, all in different ways. You can find creativity in so many things and many places, from a photograph or a painting, from a drive in the country or the city. Some find they are most happy when they are with friends, out to dinner, at a game or just at home. I find my hygge (cozy as defined by the danish) in the things I have collected and the things I create. Don't get me wrong, I love spending time with friends and family but my sweet spot is at home with the things that make me content.

As long as I can remember I have been attracted to odd collectibles. I was always rescuing Mom's cast offs, bits of her jewelry, a broken watch or some of her old photos and greeting cards to save for projects on a rainy day. As long as I can remember I have had an urge and desire to create things. Whether it is art, textiles or design I love it all. I guess I have my parents and grandparents to thank for that. Mom was always sewing, knitting or crocheting something and Dad was always building something in the basement. My paternal grandmother was a hat and quilt maker my maternal grandmother a seamstress and my great grandfather a portrait painter. I was gifted with an artfully inclined brain right from the beginning. My favorite art genre is multi-media, the use of various mediums and textiles. It never gets boring. and I love making something out of nothing.

A wall hanging made from an old book

No photo description available.
Recycled Wool Stuffie
                                                   
I also love to paint in watercolor, acrylics and india ink and watercolor which is my favorite. I enjoy painting on old book pages the most. I think it provides a fantastic backdrop for color. I am still learning the painting process and there is so much I have yet to explore but look forward to the adventure. Do you have something special that you like to create? A favorite project or perhaps a beloved collection?

No photo description available.
The Chubby Bird
                                                                                             
Thank you for coming along today- Until Tomorrow-Be Safe

" I surround myself with creative people, they love life in such a contagious way that can't often be put into words"




Comments

Popular posts from this blog